From Canary With Love - San Antonio de BĂ©jar

Photo Blogging San Antonio, one enchilada at a time...

March 9, 1731, sixteen families (56 people) from the Canary Islands, often referred to as the "Canary Islanders," arrived at the Presidio of San Antonio de Bexar in the Province of Texas. By royal decree of the King of Spain, they founded La Villa de San Fernando and established the first civil government in Texas which would later be known as San Antonio de Bejar.

My name is Trey Dunn and I have lived here many years now and over the years fallen in love with this city. The more I travel, the more I see just how unique this city is in comparison with other cities in the US. So I wanted to try and document the city one photo at a time.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Aurora Apartments @ 509 Howard

Aurora was built in 1929. Formally a hotel in the 1980s, it became a senior community. Now it is complete with Bingo night!

No comments: